Just 17 days to go, it's time for some serious Christmas preparations. Need a new sofa? Deep-cleaning the house? Forget all that. Boil it down to the essentials. Booze, cards, tree, food, presents. Who cares about the rest?
Here's eight things you should do right now to prepare for Christmas.
- Do your online shopping. Remember last year when you ordered everything last minute and had to explain to the kids that Santa had broken down on the motorway? Last date for Royal Mail posting is 21st But you know your parcel will get stuck at the depot for three days. Come on, how much stress do you need?
- Get your cards written and sent. What, you’re not sending any this year? Aww man, not any? Here’s five good reasons why you really should. The earlier you send them, the more likely you are to get some in return, hehe!
- Book your supermarket delivery slot. Guess what, Tesco’s delivery slots are ALL TAKEN for the week before Christmas in our area. Already! Arghh! ……. ‘scuse me while I do my order….
- ... I'm back. Bake and freeze some Christmas deserts this weekend. Make up some mince pies and freeze them in their tart tin. You can bake them from frozen. Great for those emergency last minute guests. Or how about making up some Christmas icecream? There’s a recipe here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/78600/christmas-pudding-ice-cream but you can mix the fruit and spices into ready-made icecream to speed things up.
- If you haven’t already got your Christmas tree, get it now. Who hasn’t spent days driving round town looking for the last tree. And not finding one. And having to cut out a tree shape in green paper and stick it on the wall? Oh, just us then.
- Wrapping paper. Have you got? It’s surprising how long it takes to wrap presents. Unless you’re a bloke/cheat who just bungs everything in gift bags. Anyway, start doing it now, and save yourself drinking time on Christmas eve.
- Hide the sweets and chocolate. Places that have proved childproof in this house: inside flour packets, behind the most dull looking books, in my sock draw. Nowhere else is safe. Plus, if you forget, that makes a nice surprise sometime in the future.
- And get into the Christmas spirit. Come on, you know you want to. And if you can’t find any, try the wine instead.
The post 8 things you should do right now for Christmas appeared first on DYP.